Friday, June 03, 2005

I Read A Book In The Lounge..

After lunch, I watched a little TV, then became aware of Chinese cooking in the kitchen. The lounge/eatery is the place of choice for consuming food on a saturday morning turning afternoon. In such times of dull recess it is common for the smallest conspicuancies to be noticed, noted, and introduced as conversation. In these situations, to make a comment on one's own conspicuancy would be forward. A gift is to be received, not given.

I recalled that Chinese had previously shown some interest in philosophy. By introducing my book to her, a book containing a particularly 'progressive' brand of philosphy, the anticipated results were two-fold;

1/ superficially, to provide conversational grist,
and
2/ to make her an easier pull by instilling an epicurian edge into her character.

I read a book in the lounge to get a woman to sleep with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home