Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I Am Internally Consistent..

I've been exchanging polite salutations with Korea now for a few days. When I enter the room, we exchange a smile. When one of us leaves the room, another smile. On the unexpected occasion of a meeting outside the classroom, we exchange small talk, more smiles. I expect that we'll soon be taking the stairs together but, I don't want to get ahead of myself so here's some sage advice.

In these, the preliminary stages, what is most important is consistancy. Let me begin with an image - it's the 2004 olympics, the crowd begins to stir as the half-way mark is announced. Five laps stand between the two cyclists and a place in the final. Polished wood blurs as you follow their progress, banking high and gaining speed. For such an inexperienced team to reach the semi-finals of mixed pair pursuit was entirely unforeseen.

What clinched it, was their team work.

Korea tucks in neatly behind while he sets the pace. Though qualification is almost in sight, he knows the final laps are most critical. It's here where, if he falters and drops the pace even for a moment, Korea could drop out from his lead and loose momentum. He must continue to push, show no signs of weakening, give no indication that he is in any doubt of their successful entry to the next stage; a dinner and a movie.

Anyway, it's all about consistency.

I am internally consistent to get a woman to sleep with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home