Tuesday, August 02, 2005

I Am On A Flight Of Fancy..

According to the lessons learnt by history, all my great great grandchildren will own one or more Gulfstream Jets.

For hundreds of years only the Kings and merchant men of relatively advanced civilisations could afford private means for ground travel. Since the middle of the last century, this priviledge is now in the hands of virtually everybody on earth*.

With such great leaps in technology and scales of economy occuring in the last century, private means of air travel have become commonplace among Democratic leaders, their Generals, and rich merchant men.

I fully expect the children of my children's children to live in an age where single-seat pilot jets are, like the car, 'proletarianized'.

Neighbourhoods will be pockmarked with aircraft hangers and landing strips, town mayors will introduce 'land and ride' schemes to cut down on air congestion in urban centres, and the price of kerosene will replace the price of petrol as the common man's economic indicator of an era.

*Not including citizens of bread baskets or highly efficiently failed communist states.

I am on a flight of fancy to get a woman to sleep with me!

4 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Do you remember the film where James Bond foils the attempt of the mad Russian general to blow up Berlin? At the start of the film, Bond escapes in his little jet, lands on an ordinary road and then drives into a petrol station for fuel!

Real human progress should be measured in terms of how close the average fellow gets to do the things that Bond does. Including all the mating, of course.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Dr. E. Scientist, phD. said...

Bond is not all he's cracked up to be. He's pretty much been a pain in my arse since day one.

Oh yes, he gets the women, but does he have a weather machine or an orbital death-ray?

You'd think the women would be flocking to me for some post apocalyptic monkey-lovin', but nooooo....

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Thanks for you visit said...

Greetings,

I Really think you have a great blog here, and see you have a very high page ranking, I found this info out from this page. http://pr.blogflux.com/ Try it out.



I have several pages of my own,

I'ts about femme Clothing. This site is in French language.
My second site is about Chaussures that is Shoes in french and bottes that is boots in french.

My Third site is about Chocolate that is made in France. The Frech language just drops to e at the end so it is chocolat

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

single woman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home