Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I Wish It Were So Simple..

The conversations offered by listening comprehension exercises in language textbooks sparkle with wit and nuanced degrees of signification;

Man - I received a ticket for the film 'Part 2' tonight. Would you like to see it?
Woman - I really do want to see it, 'Part 1' was incredibly interesting.
Man - Oh, I haven't seen Part 1 yet..
Woman - But I've got it at home on video.
Man - Yes really?
Woman - Why don't we go to my house now and watch Part 1 on video? I would like to see it again.
Man - Ok, we can use this (ticket) next week on wednesday.

Q. What do the Man and Woman plan to do next? Do they;
1. Go to the cinema to see film Part 2
2. Go to the Woman's house to see film Part 1 on video
3. Decide to go to the cinema next week
4. Go to the Woman's house to see film Part 2 on video
5. With the pretence of watching a video, go to the Woamn's house and shag.

Correct answer; 2.
Bonus marks for making the examiner laugh; None (examiners are clinically diagnosed braindead, no points on offer)

I wish it were so simple to get a woman to sleep with me!

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

I narrowed in down to 2 or 5 but then couldn't make up my mind.

Could you increase your font size, Dick? The Evil Scientist has done so, and it makes his blog possible to read without straining my ape eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home