Friday, August 12, 2005

I Would Fly 4000 Miles..

This friday night I was reminded of a wonderful girl, a truly amazing human being, who I once managed to get to sleep with me. I was different back then. No sunglasses on me head, no obsessing over getting a women to sleep with me, and my name wasn't Richard Suave.

We spent a week together, now live 4000 miles apart.

We still keep in touch, though not enough to prevent 'the drift'. I've met other friends after long absences and, let's face it, with age comes a certain kind of uniquely adult stubbornness. As you learn to value yourself over others, conditions for admittance to the V.I.P. register - those allowed access to your time and company - narrow considerably.

I recently lost an old friend in just such a situation. When I say lost, I mean cut all communication. In two years absence they'd turned from a sympathetic ear to a control freak. What's more, they'd say "I'm a complete control freak", whilst being a complete control freak - an action which in itself must be the height of control freakery.

Anyway, I'm always hoping something similar doesn't happen to me, that the reason the woman slept with me, that part of my person she particularly liked hasn't changed, sublimated over the years.

I would fly 4000 miles to get a woman to sleep with me!

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

My theory is that affluent humans find it difficult to bond with each other because of a lack of shared hardships. Your lives are too comfortable, you don't need each other for survival, so you find other humans shallow and irritating. Survive a month with woman in the jungle and I guarantee she'd sleep with you, whatever your 'personality'.

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Richard S. said...

Yeah, I've seen the Tarzan films. Though I'd rather not go through all that being raised in the jungle by randy chimpanzees stuff.

Perhaps this is where my pilot's license would come in handy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home