Saturday, August 06, 2005

I Would Not Ask A Political Scientist..

Apparently "Political Science" is a highly regarded University degree.

Years ago I held the belief that 'those who say one thing and think the opposite' were probably lying, or committing some kind of sin.

Whenever someone committed this sin adolescent frustration would well up inside me. On occasion I would call them out, or label them a hypocrite.

How I became such a zealot can be found in my choice of A-Levels.

Scientists are trained to notice only the absolutely obvious. Looking 'below the surface' is not in their vocabulary. If the surface is constructed of an opaque material, it's underside is unobservable and can be assumed as nonexistant. This is the principle of science, and such was my understanding of people and their actions.

I never considered the actions were the result of unseen impulses. Why complement someone when they look like a dog? Because they are a fabulously wealthy dog. This idea, the basis for understanding social interactions, can be summed up by the word 'politics'.

Political Scientists must be very confused and oxymoronic people. I admit to have never knowlingly come across a specimen, but shall be on the lookout from now on.

I would not ask a Political Scientist to get a woman to sleep with me!

2 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

So reading between the lines, what you are saying is that it is sometimes necessary to tell a few fibs to get a woman to sleep with you. Fair enough, I would say.

I wonder how one would go about seducing a female political scientist.

 
At 4:05 AM, Anonymous Richard S. said...

Your probably right. I do know that at least 80% of conversation is shameless exageration. A scientist would probably say that gives only 20% accuracy, while a politician would call it 100% necessary.

As for Political Scientists, I'm guessing the application of some powerful anaesthetic for the brain is required. Alcohol would do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home